Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Week Update.

This week was "taper week" for the half marathon. So, Monday I wanted to take Pilates at the gym but the Pilates girl was out so a yoga girl filled in. Okay class but not the emphasis on strength and abs I apprecite with Pilates. Every now and then I need a non-aerobic relaxing class. All in all it was good.

Tuesday I just did a workout video at home - The Firm. Quite possibly the BEST workout video EVER! My legs hurt all day Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and didn't really feel normal again until Saturday. Not the best work-out before a big race, but a good workout nonetheless. It kicks my butt - about a zillion squats, lunges and pliaes.

Wednesday was my first indoor soccer game where I'm actually on a team! Yup -I'm playing soccer! Amazing, huh? At my age (like I'm SO terribly old), I decided to give it a shot and see how it goes. I didn't play a lot (I asked not to) because my shins were killing me (shin splints still won't go away) but what I did play was super fun. We won 6-3 so that of course made it cool. I've never played organzied sports on a team, so this whole thing is new to me - fun but a lot of pressure (even if it is a fun league). :)

The rest of the week was easy walking to sort of rest and stay loose for the race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home